A. Perform the following steps to disable your machine's system beep:
1. Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
2. Expand System Tools and select Device Manager.
3. From the View menu, select Show hidden devices.
4. Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
5. Right-click Beep, and select Properties.
6. Select the Drivers tab.
7. Click Stop. You can also change the start-up type to Disabled so the beep service never starts.
B. Alternate Way
1. Start - Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
3. Edit/create the string value called Beeps. Set it to decimal 0 to disable the sound (or 1 to enable sounds)
Keywords: Stop system beep , cpu beep, cpu sound , computer sound, computer audio
Labels: computer audio, computer sound, cpu beep, cpu sound, Stop system beep